You probably know about the thing about being on certain sides of the screen if you've played tekken. Forward and backward can be left or right, or right or left, depending on which side of the screen you're on. If you're on the left, forward will be right, and vice versa if you're on the right. Up and down are sidestep, that is correct.

For deception the only thing to do is to hit x, and you get all the playable modes. Arcade, versus, and practice. Same with armageddon. Playable meaning modes we can play independently. Other stuff in the main menu relates to profiles, options, extra content.. stuff like that. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Randall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Tips for playing mk on ps2/psp?

Heya Clement, this stuff is great man, just what I was looking for.  So
if I understand it correctly the directional buttons are like this,
right is forward, left is backward, and up and down are sidestep one way
or the other.  Do the analog sticks work in these games?  Do you fool
with the menus much or just hit start right away when you get to the
main menu?  I'm just starting out with these so need all the clues I can
get.

Thanks lots and game on!

Tom