my system is exactly the same.
But it came with loads of toshiba extras.
Usually these are quite cool but I had to get rid of config free, security
assist power manager and standard assist because they did not like my reader
and crashed things loads.
There are still a few toshiba things on but most are not.
On the last laptop I could access power but it locked but it was the only thing
I chucked.
the rest I stopped from loading but well thats the end of it.