Hi Dark,
Well, I have a complete copy of the 2nd eddition of the rules. I agree the 3rd eddition rules are better. However, I am more or less using the rules as a guide rather than a 100% match. Some things would be easier if i modify it to suit my game engine rather than using every single possible rule/combo. I want this game to be playable by any average gamer without having to know every possible rule in Dungions and Dragons table top RPG by heart. Grin.

dark wrote:
Hi Tom.

Out of interest, which rules do you have?

The third edition rules made a lot more sense I thought and were much easier to master, ---- and probably the program, sinse they included things like positive armour classes which add to defence rather than remove from attack, though I'm not sure how available the 3rd Ed rule books are (I only know the rules from having played the game in tabletop).

Also, I'm personally becoming slightly disenchanted with the kill monsters for general Xp mechanic.

If you gain combat xp purely from the physical act of sswinging your weapons around, or have a quest to slay a hoard of goblins, or are a good character ridding the world of evil creatures fair enough, but just getting random amounts of xp for clobbering things as in D&D seems to me rather odd.

My brother did once tell me of a starwars D20 game he played in, which at one stage had a party of Jedi going wooky hunting sinse they needed to level up their force powers, and had worked out that wookies were A, easily killable, and B, would give great xp rewards.

Beware the Grue!

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]