Hi dark,
Yeah, i have thought of that too. This would not be specifically an accessible game so to speak. It could apeal to any sighted or blind RPG gamer alike. Text is the one interface blind and sighted gamers both share. As for adding mouse support and that sort of thing I'd need to add SDL Input to the project. Not difficult, but if I were going to do that much then I might as well as add SDL Mixer and sounds too. Suddenly it isn't a text adventure/RPG, but a audio based RPG. Not that it is a bad thing, but might be more work than I had initially planned for. Grin.

dark wrote:
It just occurred to me, that Tom's text rpg would actually appeal to lots of people outside the accessible games community as well, such as all those fans of Gamebooks, Sryth, text adventures etc. For the purposes of accessible games awareness etc, I think it'd be great to have a text rpg with great writing and nice mechanics sitting on a site beside the likes of Mota. there are even various places I can think of which might host or be happy to have information about the game, everywhere from the Chronicles of Arborell forum to the Pc index of the If archive. Of course, this would mean also making the game playable by mouse, and having options such as a different text colour for clickable choices, ---- but that shouldn't be too much of a problem I think. Beware the Grue!
please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]