am not sure on your first question, but I can try and answer the second.

You can look inside the bas files and various data files if you are having a hard time trying to solve an adventure, though it tends to spoil the fun, so dont just give up and peek inside unless you are really really stuck. The beginners cave adventure must have been done in a bit of a rush, there's not much to do apart from kill things and collect treasure, once you've collected all the treasure and killed all the enemies, there's nothing to do but to retrace your steps back to the entrance where you can leave the adventure and sell all your items to get more gold.