Ok, you gave some awesome details but what exactly is this? It sounds like a mudd? where can you play this?

thanks

lelia
To: <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 5:51 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Eamon delux great fun!

Well, I'm just really getting into the hole Eamon thing with Eamon delux, and I must say things are actually really great!

I love the building up xp phase, and the way the at a few commands are used to create puzles.

I also thinkl that Eamon has one of the most understandable text mapping systems I've ever! seen.

usually in most text games, ---- including things like Sryth, it'll tell you the exits from each location, but Eamon goes one further and actually describes the passage, ---- A T junction, a bend, a four way intersection or whatever.

I've always had trouble in getting lost but this really helps me keep my bearings rather than just giving the exits. I don't know why,m ----- sinse afterall logically if your going east and the only exit is north you must be in a bend, --- but the way Eamon explicitely states it really does make my life easier.

I also like the Xp system, and the way that different adventures become more possible when you've built up xp in the easier ones, which gives some really great progression.

Fights with multiple friendly and unfriendly monsters are also great fun, ---- particularly when I'm having to play cleric and heal my allies as they pound on the monsters.

Being an early system, there are stil a few irritations I find.
While I didn't want to cheat too much, sinse the options to by raises in character stats available in the graphical main hall aren't in the text version, I didn't see it as too terrible to tweak the odds slightly, by pretending that I'd rolled all 8's for all stats, thus giving 24's in everything, ---- though I didn't mess about with the weapon or spell xp at all, sinse that just seemed wrong, or give myself stats that couldn't be obtained in the game with a lot of luck.

Even with this though, the carrying capacity on items is just frankly irritating, especially as dropping items seems mildly annoying.

Then, I really! wish there was a way to simulate the old verbose command in Z code if, ---- Ie, providing you full room descriptions everytime you enter a location, not just the first time.

while I admit the "first time only" rule is a great help in working out if you've been to a location previously, it'd be really nice to have a toggle for when your searching around for secret passages or ways through certain puzles and want the full room description just in case you missed something.

then, while some Eamon adventures seem to have a distinct exit, the ones that don't can seem a litle odd, ---- the first example of course being the beginner's cave.

You can wander around for ages, and not be certain whether or not you've completed your goal.

then again though, this really does seem to vary according to the author of the game.

All in all though, I think this is something I'm going to have fun with.

Beware the Grue!