well dark I firmly believe  that we are getting to used to our sound/ graphics
systems.
No longer does one have to go to dos, no longer do we need to do anything but
point and click.
If we  have a system crash, put a disk in, reboot, push this key, and that key
and then wait, then load all our stuff without knowing what it all does.
when we get into dos its time to reformat because that will get the nice smooth
interface we are happy for back.
My point is that unlike loads of the new generation I was brought up on the old
systems they may have been clunky and single tasked but I never got bored with
them.
When something needed configuring it needed configuring.
If something broke, you could just reinstall that module.
if some file broke at bootup you could often buypass it and fix it.
A game well in the beginning you had to read it and it was up to you what you
made of it.
Now most people shoot things because thats what you need to do.
I now wander if eventually all we will have are dumb coots that only know
graphics,  well not all dumb, some programmers/ systems people would know linux
but still I feel sad for the old days.
you can't just push alt g anymore and or let the reader read a game in a
console you need to navigate cursor here and navicursor there.
You completely lose what you need to imagine because you have to concerntrate
on playing the dimpled thing.
I wander what would happen if a virus or something wiped windows.
And all people would have to use dos to get back their systems.
I wander if everyone would reformat.
The old generation may last for the next 100 years but after that?
I think I am one of the last dos wizzards out there.
I do wish that some day I could get parts and a place to store my keynote gold
or get an system with an internal voice card again or find out how to replace
my keynote sa battery and get another 386 system.
Thats probably not going to happen.