In the case of MK VS. DCU, it didn't take me long to learn the menus. Keep in mind I did it without sighted assistance. The only thing I have trouble with menu whise is the options. I know the layout of the menus, but I, for example, can't tell when something is on or off. And in the controler menu to change buttons may be difucult. Correction: is, dificult without sighted assistance. Other than that, since the menus don't rap, and the character selection screen has only two rows, you'll easily be able to memorise that too. For example, if I wanted to choose The Flash, I know that from the defult position where the character selection screen starts that Flash is seven times to the right. Also, the character selection screen goes left to right, making it easier to know which character you select before you select it. Organised.
On Jan 13, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Lukás Hosnedl wrote:

Hi,
that's a lovely idea, of course, I would love an accessible game of such complexity as Mortal Combat, which is one of the cases that would need just perhaps a bit more accessibility elements like in the menus, etc., and they would be perfectly accessible... But if you ever wanted to start working on a game of this kind, I recommend that you have someone sighted whom you could check a newer Mortal Combat with first to see what all the game has to offer. It certainly is not just a bit more advanced Savage Gambit. :-)
Lukas
----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Vlasak" <p...@pcsgames.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] whoops! I messed up scorpion's 5th challenge.

Hi Yohandy,
Thanks for the list of challenges.
It would be interesting to make a fully accessible game using them.
I would need to know some more about the relationship of the keys to come up with standard keyboard choices that would simulate those on the controller. For example PCS did a boxing game using the six pack keys to throw punches. You used the insert, home and page up keys to throw left punches to the head, center punches to the head or right punches to the head of your opponent.
The delete, end and page down keys punched the body.
And the left and right arrow keys kicked.
The up and down arrow keys moved you in and out.

Could you recommend keyboard keys that would replace the square, triangle etc keys you listed?
Phil

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yohandy" <yohand...@gmail.com>