Hi Jim,
Those versions of Rail Racer are very very old. I recommend updating to at least Rail Racer 1.5 before trying the game. I have 1.5 and it runs really well. In fact, I think Che has a newer release out, but I haven't yet got around to updating to it. As far as upgrading DirectX goes you have to if you ever want to play any games that use the .NET Framework. By default the .NET libraries for DirectX do not come with Windows XP or Vista so need to be installed indipendantly. Installing something like the DirectX 9.0C (June 2008) upgrade will do it.

Jim Kitchen wrote:

Hi Che,

Ok, I found two versions of an install for Rail Racer on my computer.

05/19/2006  06:36 PM        29,844,047 rrAlpha20FullInstall.exe

and

06/13/2007  12:29 PM             4,630 Important!ReadMeFirst.html
06/13/2007  12:16 PM        29,980,791 RailRacerDemo10Setup.exe

I am thinking that the alpha is what you sent to me. I will have to try it. However if it won't run, I will not up date my computer. It has always been the windows up dates such as DirectX etc that has screwed up my computers. I know that some people are like me and some not. That is, if something is running and working the way that I like it to, I leave it alone and just use it. I know that others must have the newest latest greatest all the time. That just has never worked out well for me.

BTW It has been a very long time since I drove a real car. I only had a license until I was 21. Mach 1 tts is the closest to that that I have found. You know I have driven cars and trucks while totally blind and without the visual feedback I just didn't think much of it. But now with a steering wheel and peddles and the audio feedback of Mach 1 tts it is pretty darn fun.

TGIF and BFN

    Jim

Users: Keep them dry and don't feed them after midnight.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA