Hi,
Not sure what to say about that, but best advice for anyone getting confused is to read the User's Guide such as it is right now. That is why the documentation is there. At any rate almost all of the rooms are dark except for the ones that have torches in them.
Smile.

Michael Feir wrote:
I think what's confusing people is that you have to select the torch and then light it by using the space bar. Thanks to a hint from Charles, I just figured that out. Things are working much better now. I prefer that method of using torches to having them automatically light. However, there should perhaps be more of an indicator that one is in a dark place. Perhaps, a spooky undertone or something of that sort would work there. It should be recogniseable as a darkness indicator without overpowering what you could still hear around you.
Michael Feir
Author of Personal Power:
How Accessible Computers Can Enhance Personal Life For Blind People
2006-2008
www.blind-planet.com/content/personal-power

A Life of Word and Sound
2003-2007
http://www.blind-planet.com/content/life-word-and-sound

Creator and former editor of Audyssey Magazine
1996-2004
Check out my blog at:
www.michaelfeir.blogspot.com