Hi Jimmy.,
If you are getting a failed box I can tell you either your .NET Framework or DirectX installation failed. Just to make sure you covered all the bases here is the proper installation procedure. If it is not done in exactly this way start over and do it this way else you get a screwed installation.

1. Download and install .NET Framework 3.5. This must absolutely be done before you do anything else. 2. Download DirectX June 2008. Follow the prompts to extract the archive. It will ask you for a temp directory. Tell it
c:\temp
or something similar.
3. Open c:\temp and run dxsetup.exe. if you did not install DirectX this way then DirectX did not get upgraded.
4. Install any and all USA Games products.
HTH

Jimmy Odin Kristoffersen wrote:
Hi Thomas.

I now tried install Mysteries of the Ancients on my girlfriends computer, but
after installing the game nothing happens.
When clicking on the icon on the desktop, it's just come up with a fail report
box.
I did install .NET Framework  and Microsoft's managed DirectX.
She is using windows XP.
Thanks for any help.
Jimmy