Hi Al,
Well, to be honest the Jaws and DirectInput problem is a fairly common problem with most accessible games, and it is so common that I assumed it was common knowledge. As a result I never documented it, but I guess I should in the trouble shooting section of the manual I am working on. What is interesting DirectInput doesn't seam to bother Window Eyes 7, NVDA, and a couple of other Windows screen readers. It always seams to be Jaws that has the conflict with DirectInput. Must be something do with the way it handles keyboard input.

Allan Thompson wrote:
Hi,
Thanks. I must have missed the instructions to put jaws to sleep mode.
thanks,
a;l