Hi Tom,
That did the trick. Thanks for the help from everyone.
al
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 11:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mota potential glitch?

Hi Al,
Make sure your screen reader is in sleep mode or unloaded when playing. Jaws, inparticular, has conflicts with Microsoft DirectInput that won't allow you to use the arrow keys. Try unloading Jaws from memory and see if that resolves the issue.
HTH

Allan Thompson wrote:
Hi Tom,
I installed the net framework, and the Direct x files, and then installed mota into the usa games interactive folder. I already have stfc in there as well. Stfc seems to work fine (although I am not sure if the echo effect for the voice is intentional or not, if it is intentional, it is kind of annoying). Anyway, I click on Mota and I get the nice theme music and some credits, and then the voice says select menu item. From there I can not go any further. I can use the alt f4 keys to turn off the program, but I can not use any function keys nor the cursor keys to try to move to other menu items. The keys still give me my usual sound feedback, but nothing else pertaining to the game. I use jaws 8.0, dell laptop (I use a USB keyboard with it), I am well over the hardware requirements, and I have windows xp pro with SP3. As a side note, I like the User's manual for Mota being a web manual instead of being a text document. It made reading the manual much easier. al