The scroll is for later in the game, I think.

---
If guns cause crime, pencils cause misspelled words.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Valiant8086" <valiant8...@lavabit.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 5:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Beta 2 Released!

Hi.
I just installed and played a round of mota beta 2. I like the improvements that have been made. I was finally able to hear the sounds in the "describe sounds" menu, though there are a few items in there that I can't understand what Heather is saying.

I did run into a new problem. When you do the ctrl+down arrow key sequence to duck, and you hold the control key, it doesn't keep her from standing up again, she eventually stands back up. And if you hold down the ctrl+down arrow sequence she will get down, stand up, get down again over and over again. I think there should be a slight delay after doing a jump left, right, or up, because she'll probably need to get her balance again. So I'm not actually talking about between the time a jump is initiated and the time a jump is completed, I mean after a jump is completed she should probably pause a second before she can do anything else. I guess it doesn't much matter though because you can't hold down a jump key sequence anyway. but if you tap it fast enough you can make her jump very very quickly repeatedly and she can travel extremely quickly that way.

I can't seem to jump onto a rope fromm directly below it. I can jump to the left and land on it, or to the right, if i'm to the left of the rope obviously. But I can't center the rope in my stereo field and jump streight up and get hold of it, or at least i've never been able to do it. I like the changes to the torch and health potions being used immediately, that just makes things seem so much nicer now. You guys if you tried mota beta 1, I highly recommend trying beta 2, it's a lot more fun to play with the changes. I didn't get to see the menu list much because I never hit the v key in mota beta one because it took too much time to listen, by the time she finished reading the torches had burnt out and all that good stuff. So I'm going to load up and play again and take a look in some of the rooms to see how I like that, plus I didn't look at the t and p keystrokes that let you see how many torches and heal potions you have. Btw, what is the enchanted scroll for?

----- Original Message ----- From: Thomas Ward