Hi.
I just installed and played a round of mota beta 2. I like the improvements
that have been made. I was finally able to hear the sounds in the "describe
sounds" menu, though there are a few items in there that I can't understand
what Heather is saying.

I did run into a new problem. When you do the ctrl+down arrow key sequence to
duck, and you hold the control key, it doesn't keep her from standing up again,
she eventually stands back up. And if you hold down the ctrl+down arrow
sequence she will get down, stand up, get down again over and over again. I
think there should be a slight delay after doing a jump left, right, or up,
because she'll probably need to get her balance again. So I'm not actually
talking about between the time a jump is initiated and the time a jump is
completed, I mean after a jump is completed she should probably pause a second
before she can do anything else. I guess it doesn't much matter though because
you can't hold down a jump key sequence anyway. but if you tap it fast enough
you can make her jump very very quickly repeatedly and she can travel extremely
quickly that way.

I can't seem to jump onto a rope fromm directly below it. I can jump to the
left and land on it, or to the right, if i'm to the left of the rope obviously.
But I can't center the rope in my stereo field and jump streight up and get
hold of it, or at least i've never been able to do it. I like the changes to
the torch and health  potions being used immediately, that just makes things
seem so much nicer now. You guys if you tried mota beta 1, I highly recommend
trying beta 2, it's a lot more fun to play with the changes. I didn't get to
see the menu list much because I never hit the v key in mota beta one because
it took too much time to listen, by the time she finished reading the torches
had burnt out and all that good stuff. So I'm going to load up and play again
and take a look in some of the rooms to see how I like that, plus I didn't look
at the t and p keystrokes that let you see how many torches and heal potions
you have. Btw, what is the enchanted scroll for?