Nice one Tom!  Binding it to control seems like the safest bet to
avoid confusion to me, seeing as every screen reader I can think of
off the top of my head uses that key to silence it's output.  I still
find myself diving for the control key as a fire button if I haven't
played an accessible title in some time, but I reckon that's an old
habbit from playing too many old school mainstream shootemups.