Hi.
Hmm, nod that might be the way to do it. Except in the menus. In the menus it
would be nice if we can interrupt ourselves when we press arrow keys instead of
queueing when we arrow and stuff. now that  you have it able to be interrupted
you might be able to put the score on the scores menu so we don't  have to
press enter. I'm so lazy it isn't even funny is it, lol. When I'm walking I can
see myself pressing w and continuing along, I didn't let up any keys I held
down shift+right arrow and hit w.. So I hear speech and I'm still walking
along. speech stops and I'm still walking. I think this is good. this is the
end of the game pausing when speech output is in effect isn't it. This might
not be a bad thing though. The though is when you go pressing buttons to get
speech to change weapons or check your ammo or what ever the monster isn't
going to wait for you like a good sport. I think this is reasonable though.
Often if I need to pause I just hit tab and everybody stops.

Hmm, I have an idea while i'm at it, can we announce some things in the menu
when we hit tab like this.

I press tab I get
Select a menu item. Combat knife.
Down arrow repeatedly and it might sound like this
9mm pistol. 30, 5.
12 gage shotgun. 15, is drawn.
healing potion. 4

Just a thought.