  From: Thomas Ward
  To: Gamers Discussion list
  Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2009 5:09 PM
  Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Holstering Weapons in MOTA

  Hello James,
  It Has more to do with balance and momentum than anything else. Think of
  it this way. If you have a large sword in one hand no matter how you
  look at it the sword is going to throw you off balance. Especially, if
  you want to do a very large jjump over a large chasm, fire, whatever. If
  you strap it to your back the weight is obviously the same, but it is
  more evenly distributed so it isn't as likely to throw you off balance.
  As for where I got the concept from ever play any of the Tomb Raider
  games? If not they have a lot of the features you are seeing in Tomb
  Hunter.  In the Tomb Raider games when Lara's weapons are holstered she
  can go into a hand to hand fighting mode, jump up and catch ledges,
  swing off ropes, or just get better balance and achieve longer distance
  jumps just not by having weapons in her hands all the time.
  HTH