Hi Shaun,
What do you mean by not have to navigate around a dos Window? Jaws, Window Eyes, and even NVDA all work nicely with the windows command prompt. I still use a lot of text based applications in the Windows command prompt window, and it is quite speech friendly. In a game such as mine just set Jaws to sspeak all and it will read all the prompts just fine.

shaun everiss wrote:
well if you have them set out as text thats fine I'd like something like this.
though saying that I don't care for any console type things where I have to
navigate round a dos window.
hmmm sapi may be nice but does not have to.