To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Lenses and controllers was Re: PS3 Controllers was Bloodmoney Online fighting

Hi,
Oh, then you are lucky. I've had several cd/dvd drives go bad. In fact the one in my laptop bit the dust and i have to make do with an external drive until I can send it into H.P. for repairs. Like any electronic device it depends on how much you use it. If you burn a lot of disks, do weekly back ups, etc then your drive is more likely to fail than someone who barely uses it.

Constantine wrote:
True enough. Maybe sony learned from there mistakes with the ps1 and ps2. I'm sure some sega cd units haven't been serviced at all, it'd be neat to see statistics on older cd based consoles vs. newer ones. Oh, another thing I'm wondering, I wonder what the wii is like with discs? My gamecube started acting wierd, it would randomly not read a disc so I had to reset it. With soul Kalliber, I rented it, and it would freeze randomly. I know for a fact that on sega cds with the front loading design (tray), the tray motor would die. I have a Panasonic discman here from 1992 and it still works flawlessly. I've also noticed how companies now started skimping on ports, buttons and switches. Quite wierd though is the fact that I've had absolutely no problem with computer cd drives. New or old. They all work great.

contact details:

email: tcwoo...@shaw.ca