Hi Tony,
Before you decide to toss in the towel let's try and trouble shoot this problem shall we? Like what exactly is happening when you install the games. What steps have you done so far and what were your results. Understand there is lots of room for error here since you aren't experienced with audio games, installing them, etc and we need details, details, details. Some other things to think about. When was the last time you upgraded Windows? Do you have the latest DirectX components? Does your computer meet all requirements listed for the game or games? Point I am getting at there could be some very common computer issues here that could be giving you problems such as not having a new enough DirectX release, maybe your Windows version is out of date and requires patches from Microsoft to be downloaded/installed, etc. Some, probably, most of us apply DirectX upgrades, Windows updates, etc frequently so usually don't run into issues with these games.
HTH

Anthony Vitale wrote:
Well I'm on approximately my 7 or 8th day of trying to experience the wonderful world of audio games (snicker). Of the two games I have downloaded haven't heard one peep except for my own screen reader. the games are from the audiogames list World of legends and Descent into madness (the latter appropriate for the situation). Guess it just isn't happening. Haven't worked this hard since trying to pull my pet bob cat out of a fifty foot well by his tail.(snicker). Well if I can't figure it out soon I may just decide to remove myself from your list and give up. (oh well)
Tony