thanks Nick for your offer,
I am finally getting it. it would have been fairly simple if in the begining someone had written and said "you absolutely need direct x and the microsoft framwork" and explained what they were Then told me where I might locate them. I have a dialup connection so I am on my third night of downloading the microsoft framwork because it is so huge and I don't want to tie up my phone for 35 hours in a row. As far as direct x I'll get that in one night but the confusion could have all been avoided had someone given me simple specific information and dirrections for what I needed. I finally got enough pointers and the correct direction, so thanks to those who helped. Well it is almost done now and after this I should be ready to try some games, maybe the ones I downloaded .
Thanks for your help
Tony