You might take a look at The Inquisition. It actually has a system in place
where you can gain experience for roleplaying. You do have to emote
everything including combat, but the emoted combat actually has a neat
mechanic.

Example:

Cemote 's face contorts into a mask of fury as he lunges forward, unleashing
a powerful overhand slice.

The mud will then total up all of the action points involved in those three
keywords, do a bunch of number and target crunching, and then let me know if
the attack was successful. Now keep in mind you can't emote something like
"cemote strikes @target in the face," as you don't know whether the attack
actually succeeded, but the system gives room for some really neat RP while
at the same time giving you actual numbers and mechanics to wrap your mind
around.

I don't have the connection info, but you can easily find it on mud
connector.

Ryan