sorry but thats going a bit too far, These days you can't be too careful, the girl's life could have been in danger walking out there alone in the dark like that, they should have ended the joke while she was still in the house instead of waiting until she reached school.
At 12:29 PM 4/04/2009, you wrote:
Hi

Wow, that there's quite funny.
Another notable one is a friend of ours set his daughters alarm several hours ahead. So when it went off at 8 AM, it was really 4 AM. So she got ready for school, and walked to school at 5 in the morning! As you can guess she was not happy, but it was quite funny.

contact details:

email: tcwoo...@shaw.ca

and others
msn: the_conman...@hotmail.com
skype: the_conman283

system details:
Hp pavillion dv5220CA notebook pc
AMD Turion(tm) 64 Mobile Technology ML-37 2.0 GHZ, 1024 mb DDR ram, Fujitsu 100 gb 4500 RPM Hard Drive, connecsant AC-link audio
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 7:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Where to download mota version 4

Hi Jeremy,
Oh, I understand where you are coming from, but the point of the joke was to see how many people would fall for it, go read the subject and drive themselves crazy trying to download it, and of course couldn't. That is the entire point of April Fools Day pranks. I remember reading some time before y2k about a radio station who pulled off a really good prank. They told there listeners that the record companies had released information that all music cds released were not y2k ready, and that they could call a certain number to get x number of stickers that made the cds y2k compatible. As you might expect they got thousands of calls for the stickers only to get an automated message wishing them a happy April Fools Day. Thing is the calls kept coming into the radio station weeks after April Fools Day was over, and even the record companies had to fend off thousands of angry callers wanting their stickers right now. In the end the radio station and the record companies had to go public and let everyone know that it was only a prank, not to take it seriously, and assure everyone their cds were indeed y2k ready. Thing is when I read about it I couldn't help but laugh my butt off at how many people got duped. Still the prank was serious enough to cause a wide spread panic, and stores in the listening area noted a huge drop in music sales because of the bogus y2k problem with music cds. Like the radio station involved I find it difficult to believe that many people were duped by such an obvious prank, but several people were fooled. In the end a simple prank back fired big time.

Jeremy Hartley wrote:
I usually don't respond to messages such as this one, but in defense of the author,
not that he needs any, I will respond.
First of all, Thomas Ward did say a couple of days ago that he would release beta four in a quote day or two unquote. Now, I do realized that his beta four message was an april fools joke and I thought it was cool, , but I would ask that we all
think of something a little differently.
Many of us, myself included have day jobs. What this means is that a lot of times we look at subject lines and then file them away for later when we have the time
to look at the messages.
If one was to just file away the message that beta four was released, and if they had read that Thomas was going to release beta four in a day or two, then they may have just seen that message and automatically gone to the website, thinking that they could grab the beta. Not everyone has the time to read all the e-mails on a list, especially when the developer of a game posted before the april first date what beta four would be about, and when things come from developers, especially talking about a beta release, there are those folks who just see the subject and say, "hey, cool, when I have the time, I will download the next beta from the website, since I know where to download the game. Why should I read the e-mail, if I know
where the  beta can be downloaded."
Now, I will say here that before I went to the website, I did read the e-mail, and I knew it was an april fools joke. But since Thomas, already posted at the end ofMarch what the next beta would be, I may have not read the e-mail, and gone straight
to the website.
So before you make a statement like this below, maybe you should think about how
people process the e-mails they receive.
.
Jeremy