From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Chesworth
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2009 3:09 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] LWorks says goodbye to machine based licensing,and
hello to a new Judgment day

Hey Liam, that sounds like good news from here man!

Can you, without going into specifics that might assist the evil-doers
obviously, say anything about measures that are in place with your new
system to prevent piracy?
I ask following a bit of a dispute I've had with GMA Games more out of
curiosity than anything, because a user based system seems like a way better
idea from a player's angle, so if more devs switched to it it'd make me a
happy chappy.

Cheers
Scott

On 4/4/09, Liam Erven <liamer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One of the major complaints that gamers have had is that all of
> LWork's games use a machine-based licensing system.  This system was
> originally written to discourage piracy.  In theory, it was a great
> system, but leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to ease of
> registration.  So I'm announcing that today, all future titles from
> LWorks will use a user-based licensing system.  My plan is to release
> an updated version of Judgment day some time this month that will use
> this user-based system.  There will be no more machine-based codes,
> and no need to constantly email support for new codes.  I'm hoping
> that this will help gamers overall who don't want to have to wait to
> get replacement keys.  there will also be a few other small features that
will be in the next release, so stay tuned.