Hey Tom,

Just had a bash through the beta again to kill a spare few minutes I
had.  I noticed that when I got to the last room and somehow had all 3
of my lives wasted by the big guy, my torch seemed to keep burning
even when I returned to the main menu.  This only seemed to happen on
expert difficulty level though.  Wasn't sure if it was something you
were aware of or not.

Also a small suggestion.  Perhaps stairs (I assume they are stairs)
should be announced in the view list along with ledges and doors and
suchlike.  I can build up a pretty clear picture in my mind of that
part of the level now that I know where to head, but the picture would
be clearer from the outset if I could find out for sure from the view
menu that when my footsteps change I'm on stairs.  Just thinking of it
from the point of view of a first time player who might be more
cautious.

Cheers
Scott