Hi,

I think, though haven't had it confirmed just yet, that my ISP, Verizon may be blocking port 4444. I can't connect to any mud that uses that port, but to all others that don't use it. The thing is it acts like it's trying to connect, and after about thirty seconds or so, it says connection timed out.

I did install the scripts. Okay, here are the VB errors.
Microsoft VBScript runtime error Type mismatch: 'pplay' Microsoft VBScript runtime error Type mismatch: 'pplay' Microsoft VBScript runtime error Type mismatch: 'PPlay'

~Ann

Valiant8086 wrote:
Hi.
I would imagine the mud has your ISP banned for some reason. Are you able to
connect from a different internet connection if you have access to one? I was
able to connect with monkey Term with no problems, and I coppied the
information in your email and used that. It might be a firewal, but if you're
just using windows firewal then it's probably not your firewal, as once you
unblock monkey Term for the first time with windows firewal, there doesn't seem
to be any problem connecting to any mud with different port numbers and such.

Can  you tell me the vb errors when they appear? If you installed MTScripts and
are using the JAWS scripts you can just hit insert+c on a line to copy it. It
may be the one that appears when the xml file is first open, which I've fixed
in the next version. If that's what it is, it doesn't actually break anything
worth trying to fix. If I knew what the error message said, I might be able to
either say that's the one I fixed in the next version, or try to figure out how
to fix it.
----- Original Message ----- From: Ann To: Gamers Discussion list Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2009 8:52 PM
  Subject: [Audyssey] Can't connect to the Hary Potter mud

  Hi folks,

Okay, I'm trying out Monkeyterm, and VIP Mud, and aside from quite a few Microsoft VB errors that keeps popping up in Monkeyterm, it seems to work fine. But, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not. I can't connect to the Harry Potter mud at:

  hpwizwars.mudmagic.com port 4444

  It always says connection timed out.

  Any advice? I am able to connect to other muds.

  Thanks.

  ~Ann
PS! I think I just broke a record. I've never posted three messages on this list in one day before.