I would like having more keyboard commands for extra control. In this case I think more is better, even though it would make the game slightly more difficult. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 11:31 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Getting target distance and direction.

Hello everyone,
As many of you know I have been spending a little time the last couple weeks just working on the cross platform Genesis Engine so that when Mysteries of the Ancients is finished I can jump in and begin work on some new titles with it. Anyway, while working last night I had some thoughts about gathering target information. The first way is I could have you press a single key like d to gett the distance and direction to the enemy. Obviously that is quick and simple, but you might get a lot of extra information you might not want at the time. For example, it might say something like this.

Enemy 1
Below and to the left
Distance 15 meters

As a gamer I can see the value of using different keyboard commands depending on what specific information you need. For example you might press shift+d for direction and control+d for distance. That way you can get absolutely the information you need/want without hearing the entire message. Any thoughts on this?
Smile.

Casey Mathews
Web Friendly Help | Demystifying Tech
www.webfriendlyhelp.com