From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 2:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Getting target distance and direction.

Hi,
Yeah, one thing I didn't mention earlier is that the distance/direction
command or commands would be only for the currently selected target. I
am using a targeting system similar to GMA Tank Commander. You would use
the n key to cycle through the available targets in firing range, and
use the distance/direction commands to find out where the target is in
relation to you. This seams to me the most accessible way to do it in a
full 3d environment.
Obviously, I will have a targeting beep to help line things up, but I
figure some players might need some frequent verbal feedback as well.

shaun everiss wrote:
 > I like the first option.
 > the only thing though, is you really need to set it for single enemy
only, I don't want a big list unless it is a list ofcause then I select
one lock it, etc.
 > in sod and other such games for example depending on the direction I
know when it is in front and definately with the drum allert know when
its behind.
 > I know if its aproximitly in front of me i should hit it.
 > Saying it that I do then use the distance key for shortrange weapons
and sometimes longrange weapons.
 > I would have a key that would tell me that info on you system and
maybe have some sort of lock on thing where you get in range of it and
it of you.
 > Although in sod night of parasite, etc its possible to get in a
position where the enemy can see you but you are not in a position to
fire back, ie something is blocking even though you could be about in range.