I was just looking on EBay and you can get a new Logitech Momo force feedback wheel and pedals for around $65 or so, not really all that bad!
Steve Walker
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] any recommendations for a good gaming joystick?

hmmmm I did some doodling with my wingman force 3d.
Either I have a dud but I can't get things centred or rather the stick is just to darn sensitive for my liking.
plus I can only do so many things at once.
Its got loads of power in the moters, but games I tried are just not that good for it. topspeed and railracer may be although I use the mouse for rr and the keyboard for ts. sod as I said things spin round all the time slowly like its not calibrated, on that note how does one calibrate these things I followed the instructions but I don't know exactly what I really need to do to get things going with it. I here ffb sticks don't have the prosition centering feature defined as well as other sticks.
my sighted friends say its hard to centre the stick.
If say troopinam or something has controls for the stick I run out of buttons and 2 of them are at the extreme back so I'd have to use the board and stick at the same time and its a bit impractical right now.
So I suspect I won't be playing with a stick.
or at least that one.
I have a simple non force feadback stick here a simple usb side winder I got for 20 bucks. this has the basic centre game pad stick control like a cross for up down left and right, 4 buttons on the top right and 2 sets of r1 and 2 buttons on left and right like the old ps1 controlers. its not ffb however its got 8 buttons as supposed to the ffb stick I have which has 6. it does mean that I will have no keyboard control but means I can map more buttons.
and I may actually use one of these.
I don't have the cash to get any extra things.
maybe if I sell my controlers one of these days I may have the cash for something although this is the last time i will get an actual stick, I think my next controler will be a game pad or maybe an xbox 360 unit or something like that with 2 sticks and the rest.
Feadback is good but I don't know.