Hi Thomas,

Many thanks for clearing that up. I am really looking forward to beta 5.
Pranav
-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2009 5:32 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Exciting MOTA News

Hi Pranav,
That's a good question. Initially I also assumed the garbage collecter
was doing its job, but the longer I played the game it kept using more
and more system resources. Since I've never seen anything remotely like
this before I was just as perplexed as you and wondering why the garbage
collecter wasn't doing its job. Well, to make a long story short I
wasn't properly closing the sound Clips and disposing of the Clip
objects. So the garbage collecter never cleaned up after the game
because it didn't see the Clip objects as disposed. So the game
continued to put sound clip after sound clip on the heap until the game
crashed. I've since fixed that bug, and now call the garbage collecter
on demand to make sure all sounds are properly disposed of and cleaned
up as soon as possible. Things run a lot smoother and better now.
Cheers.