Hi Shaun,
Yeah, it definitely isn't the save game files themselves causing the problem. Bryan sent me his, I copied it iinto the application data directory, and it fired right up. So something else is screwed, but it isn't the code or the sav file itself at fault here.

shaun everiss wrote:
well brian this did not work.
ok i must admit now that if I load the wrong slot nothing will happen which is
good.
however the fact that the game will still not load and say its unavalible is
weird.
Interestingly after I start a new session and then exit to the main menu I can
load the saved game no trouble.
This suggests that its not the saved game itself that is the issue.