Hi Shadow Dragon,
I beg to differ with you. There are several programs that will open rar files besides Winrar. There are free programs like Izarc and Unrar as well as your commercial programs like Winzip that will open rar files. You really need to be careful about blanket statements like, "only Winrar will open rar files," because it simply isn't true.

Shadow Dragon wrote:
Sadly only win rar can extract rar files, windows doesn't come with a built in rar extractor if that's what you meant, just zip. So you'll have to get win rar to extract and play it, unless anyone else knows of another utility that can extract rar files, which I'd be interested in as 7zip doesn't work for rar files either.