7zip has the advantage of being in it's own item on the properties list, and the windows options are always there.

alternatively, you can just muck about with programs and file types in the correct settings page of the files tab in the control panel.

I personally for example have windows set to always show the zip, rar or 7z extention on a file nameto avoid mixing up the zipped folder and the unziped one.

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 8:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] new and first game from peter mach

Hi,
I see. So what you want is an archive program that will unrar a file, but not override Windows Explorer's unzip ability? I believe if you do a custom Winzip installation you can go through a dialog box to set which file types you want it to automatically open and which ones to leave alone or ignore. I think, but don't remember for sure, Izarc will let you customize it that way as well. Another option, if you like commandline programs, is unrar. Unrar is a little program you run from the Windows command prompt that allows you to extract rar archives only.

Shadow Dragon wrote:
Yeah, that was my bad, I meant to say win rar is the only one I know of that extracts rar files. I'm mostly looking for an archive utility that will extract rar files but not overright the basic winzip functionality, as I need that for unzipping certain archives that so far, most archiving utilities consider corrupt.