I thought the same until I found myself engulfed for an hour on night, just
reading about train signals and RTC (Rail Traffic Controllers, like ATC for
aviation).
It involves skill. You've got a timetable to keep to, along with signs and
speed limits to obey.
We just need to find a way to get these variables accessible. Obviously when
you've got a timetable or a speed limit, the program is reading this data from
somewhere.
Hopefully we might find someone who could program a way for the SAPI interface
in windows to read these variables when they change. That's my main guess as to
accessibility.
The main menu is partially accessible already, and I can translate the train
and location descriptions into English if they're in Japanese.
Cheers,