depends on the sound card.
if you have an analog card on your laptop or desktop you should be able to find
settings in the volume control for using the microphone and the stereo mix
features together for voice and game sounds.
if you have a desktop with an hd card you may find these controls.
if you have a laptop with an hd card you will not, usually find these so you
will only be able to record one thing at a time weather it be voice or internal
sfx.
A tape needs to be lined in but you need something like soundforge to edit the
noise, etc out of it, this I know from second hand experience never done this
before.
If you have a desktop you can line in, if you have an older laptop you can to
if you have the later laptops you probably can't as they don't have line in.
at least my tosh doesn't.
I have a digital recorder, and a sub for some recordings but I'd prefur an
analog or full featured hd card any day.
At some point in the next year or so the main pc here is going to be replaced
and the old one thrown awy in the bin.
If its still remotely usable it should be ok for my use, its got a basic
soundmax analog card and I have a basic sb16 with fm synth in that I can also
use.