From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org
[mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Thomas
Ward
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:47 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] turning monitor off during pc use

Hi Darren,
I'm afraid the problem is a lot bigger than parents and
their blind
children not taking control. As long as there is a blind
person willing
to be victimized they will be by their parents, in-laws,
spouse,
employer, etc. There is always someone out there who is
perfectly fine
with victimizing someone else they feel they can control,
and the only
solution is to stand up to it face to face.
A few years ago after I got married my wife tried that crap
on me, and I
stood up to it and told her how things were going to be. You
see she
grew up in a very strict Christian fundamentalist church, at
the time
she and I met she had walked away from that, but after we
got married
she got back into that way of thinking.She decided on her
own to
"purify" our home by tossing out all of my music cds, which
she didn't
like, decided unilaterally to throw away any dvds that were
not "Godly",
etc. I flat out told her not only was she going to go out
and get them
out of the trash and put them back where they were I made it
clear if
she ever did something like that again I'd kick her butt to
the curb so
fast she wouldn't know what hit her, and don't let the door
hit her on
the butt on the way out. Let's just say she got the message
real quick
that I wasn't going to sit back while she shoved her
religion down my
throat and control me like a puppet. We've have had
arguments since, but
she's never had the guts to try anything quite that drastic
again. She
knows I meant it when I'd kick her out on the street for it.
It is a bit
cold, but necessary to maintain my individual rights as a
human being.

Darren Harris wrote:
> Jees sorry what is it with parents and blind people and
them not taking
> control!

You can make changes or update your subscription via the
web, at
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the
management of the list,