Hi,
One last thing i almost forgot to mention. VB 6 does use some oriented design principles, and I suspect you have used them without knowing them. Here is a simple example. Have you ever created a button using the VB 6 toolbox? If so it will add a line like
Dim button1 As Button
which creates a new instance of the VB 6 Button class called button1. Once created you can do something like
button1.Text = "Cancel"
which calls the Button class's Text variable, and sets it to "Cancel" for the button1 object. This is not rocket science, but does need some explanation if you want to fully understand what is happening behind the scenes.

Jim Kitchen wrote:
Hi Peter,

I've got the same opinion and problem with object oriented programming. Every tutorial I have tried to read starts out using terms that I don't know or understand, so I am lost right from the get go.

It may have been the same 30 years ago if I had read a tutorial, but I didn't. I just typed in some example source code and started experimenting with it. So now I have been experimenting with sample source code for 30 years. Well and getting help from other programmers now and then as well.

BFN