Hi Charles,
Well, I primarily dropped joystick and mouse support for a couple of reasons. First, the code really needed to be rewritten anyway so that I can redesign it so the joysticks can be remapped by the end user. In other words if a certain gamer has joystick x he or she can go into the game and reconfigure it to work with their prefered settings rather than using the defaults I supplied. Second, the joystick and mouse was partly responcible for the jumping bug i fixed. You see if you tried to jump with a joystick or mouse you would not stop until you hit a wall. When I fixed that nasty bug it caused a bug with the jump command and the keyboard. Well, in order to fix the problem with the jump command and the keyboard we had the same problem with the joystick we had before. In the end I decided it it was just better to pull the joystick and mouse support until I had time to work on the problem at my leasure. As I have said several times today I'm now working on a time table to hopefully complete 1.0 before the holidays. As a result I don't want to leave any serious bugs behind, make the game as stable as it can be , without having any unnecessary delays. Once 1.0 is out and I have time to work on these extra features weather it is hand to hand combat, joysticks, or whatever I'll do so here and there as I find time.

Smile.

Charles Rivard wrote:
Before I play, I looked at the changes log.  Two thoughts jumped out at me
right away:

Dropped joystick support.
Dropped mouse support.

Not complaining, but just curious as to why?  Thanks.
---
Shepherds are the best beasts.