Hi,
The main reason is that the product page contains all the up to date information about the games such as system requirements, dependencies, etc. If people make a habit of grabbing the files from the folders directly there is a chance they might miss some change or announcement that would be on the product page. Let's say I switched to SlimDX instead of Managed DirectX for sound and input support. If you grabbed the game from the download folder directly you could easily miss the change in dependencies.Same goes for .NET Framework 4.0. Now, that it is out I might decide to upgrade the game to .NET 4.0. If I did that info would naturally be on the product page, but if you download the file from the download folder you might not know I was now using .NET 4.0 instead of 3.5. Anyway, you get the point. My main concern is that I will make some sort of update, post the info on the product's download page, and people bypass the product page, get the setup file they want, and totally miss the new dependencies, etc.

HTH

Hayden Presley wrote:
Why's that?
Hayden