From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2009 12:00 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] usagames

Hi,
The main reason is that the product page contains all the up to date
information about the games such as system requirements, dependencies,
etc. If people make a habit of grabbing the files from the folders
directly there is a chance they might miss some change or announcement
that would be on the product page. Let's say I switched to SlimDX
instead of Managed DirectX for sound and input support. If you grabbed
the game from the download folder directly you could easily miss the
change in dependencies.Same goes for .NET Framework 4.0. Now, that it is
out I might decide to upgrade the game to .NET 4.0. If I did that info
would naturally be on the product page, but if you download the file
from the download folder you might not know I was now using .NET  4.0
instead of 3.5. Anyway, you get the point.
My main concern is that I will make some sort of update, post the info
on the product's download page, and people bypass the product page, get
the setup file they want, and totally miss the new dependencies, etc.

HTH