Hi Jim,
WEll, I am up to the window restore feature, the previous two things didn't work. I was hoping you or someone could run me thru how to do this restore. The instructions I got was about doing a last known good save, but I am not sure jaws will help with it. The instructions say to use the F8 key during the boot up which didn't sound doable without some sighted help. Thanks for any help in this. I never realized how important those Sappi voices were until they got taken away. grin.

alu
To: "Allan Thompson" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:28 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Help!

Hi Allan,

Below are some fixes for the sapi5 voices. I know that you tried the first one, but I hope that one of the other fixes might help.

The first thing that I would try would be the DelUserLex.exe file that you can find on my free windows sapi5 text to speech games page, as well as on the GW Micro and Freedom Scientific sites. It is a strange file in that it doesn't say or seem to do anything, but it did fix my sapi5 voices.

Here is another fix that I was told about. Go to c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Speech Then, press enter on Sapisvr.exe. It won't say anything, but it should correct the control panel entries for Sapi.

Another thing that you can do is to use the Windows XP restore feature to restore your computer back to a date when the voices were working.

And then there is to use your Windows XP cd to repair the entire sapi5 text to speech engine.

you can download (SpeechSDK51MSM.exe).
which contains all of the Microsoft Sapi voices available for Windows XP from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5e86ec97-40a7-453f-b0ee-6583171b4530&displaylang=en

HTH

BFN

    Jim

Check my web site for my free blind accessible pc dos and windows games.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA