To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2009 1:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] speculative html game programming

Hi tom.

Using a scripting language to handle game stats etc does indeed make sense, however I was wondering if there might be a way to at least temporarily circumvent the server issue.

various sites such as project.aon and Chronicles of arborell offer html based gamebooks as download folders, which you then run completely yourself on your own system.

As a vague beginning, ---- before I started looking into running a server (not to mention locating space for one), I was wondering if something along those lines might be possible.

thus, the player downloads the folder containing the html pages plus a file, --- perhaps a dat file, containing scripting commands and values for the character stats, inventory handling etc, and then manually runs it by opening the appropriate first html page themselves.

Is this at all feasible? or am I barking up the wrong tree here.

Beware the grue!

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4704 (20091220) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 4704 (20091220) __________