Maybe I'm confused a bit on the use of the shields.  As I understand it, the
damage the monsters try to inflict on you is bounced back upon them when you
activate a shield, and no damage is done to you while it remains active.  If
this is the case, you would be invincible while it is active, other than
stepping off of a drop-off.  Should other weaponry be used at the same time to
more quickly destroy the attacking monsters?, or should you merely face them
and let them do themselves in?  Come to think of it, are these shields all
around you?, or just in front.  If monsters attack from behind, do the shields
also protect you from them?, or must you quickly turn and kill.
---
In God we trust!