it stands for multi user dundgen, but its basically a real time text
based game where your interacting with other players at the time time
and other environments. instad of a broswer type game where its just
point and click, and pretty much static, a mud is dinamic, different
things can cause different results, and the interaction with other
people at the same time causes for interesting things./