Hello,
well either mine doesn't, or the soundcard's so cheap it doesn't even have a line-in option. lol ----- Original Message ----- From: "shaun everiss" <shau...@xtra.co.nz>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 2:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] has anyone tried the following USB device?

laptops do have line in.
its usually combined with the mic jack or in most cases the headphone jack. the only thing though that I suggest is that you get a splitter and plug a headphone or speaker or something into one of the ports of either an amp or something for one of the sources, maybe where its coming from or to the computer so at least you can here what you are recording. you also need some monitoring like in studio recorder because there is no real way to get the right volumes as these chips run quite hot audio wise and it depends. on my amp I have to turn all my volumes to full to get things working but sr beeps all over the place and you need to adjust the internal volume, for best quality.
I have a sub with a preamp but yeah thats all you need.
as in way of usb things that would work but you would then have to switch your input device to that either for windows or the particular program this may mangle sound, and especially in laptops where unless you have sight assistance its almost impossible to reinstall say the sound drivers because you eed to go to somewhere on the drive or a cd to find them well.
if you want to test this get something thats non critical.
if anything goes wrong, just reformat and the problem will go away.
I must say though i have not had much success with this connection for direct line in of tapes say.
another option would to get a digital recorder i have a soni ux60.
you do however get outside noise and other things but it may work better for you rather than fussing round with internal recording though that is much cleaner. my recorder has a bit of hiss but its actually better than my first now dead recorder I got from the same company which is a bit scary since the first recorder I got was higher quality then the other one.