Hi Dark,
All too true. Not having to work on graphics really simplifies the job
for us accessible game developers. However, as you pointed out since
they still take a lot of time and energy to create the games have to
be built to last. That is in fact why I've worked so hard on the
Genesis Engine, done an unbelievable amount of research, for the
project and have held up the MOTA development. I want this game engine
and the games to last for years to come.
Anyway, as far as retro gaming goes I'd really love to see an
accessible Castlevania, Megaman, and Double Dragon. Perhaps once MOTA
is released and Genesis is more or less stable I can devote some time
into making my own accessible retro remakes of some games like that.
An accessible Castlevania game would rock.
Above all Megaman would be simply fantastic. I played the heck out of
that game, and it has some really awesome puzzles and traps. To date
we haven't had anything remotely close to it.

Cheers!