Hi Philip,
Ah, just the person I need to talk to about this subject. <grin>
I'd like to know how you are handling the scripting aspect of the BGT
toolkit. I know you said it has a C++ style scripting language, but is
this something you created on your own or did you go through something
like the Windows scripting host?
I've come up with several ideas for scripting modules for the engine,
and one way I have thought of is using the Windows scripting host.
That way I could add support for VB Script so anyone with a basic
knowledge in Visual Basic could script this thing, and it would not be
as difficult as say C++ to program. Plus the fact the engine itself
would handle all the core stuff like handling Windows events, keyboard
input, joystick input, sound support, Sapi support, whatever. All the
scripter would have to do is call the SpeakMessage function to tell
Sapi what to say or use the SoundOpen and SoundPlay  functions to play
sounds, etc.
As for creating high level objects that's a good point. although, I
think I could create some generic classes to choose from such as
warrior, adventurer, wizard, etc that would cover just about anything
the developer could want. With a little imagination a person might
even use some classes for duel purposes. For example, a Star Wars
junky could in theory use a wizard class for a Jedi character since
some powers and abilities could be used for both.