To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] games like sonic

Hi Will,
Yes, you have to get permission if you want your audio remakes to be
legal. However, that said if you make the game for yourself, for
private use, then there isn't much they can say or do about it.
I've currently got a couple of game projects here at home, one is the
Star Wars project people know about, that have not been released to
the public for exactly that reason. While I can create the game, use
sounds etc for my personal use, if I redistribute it publically I
could end up in hot water. So I'm not really sure if or when I'll ever
release them to the audio games community since it is a messy business
using characters, sounds, music from a popular video game.