Well tom,

to a great extent it seems very capricious indeed. There was for instance one metroid remake which got not just shut down, but actually got the creator's ip banned from his server without any warning, yet there is another far more high profile project sitl continuing un malested, with lots of news and reports everywhere!

Ditto for other games. One remake of boulderdash, ---- Dx boulderdash, had to be renamed dx diggem because first star software, who both own the original game and are stil! releasing bd games today for mobile phone and gba.

Yet a small scale independent developing company (much like a lot of audio game devs), have released three commercially sold games under the title "boudlerdash, dig the past"

It virtually seems a lottery to me, ---- which is all the more reason what happened to monti was so completely mad!

If however it's a lottery, ----- why not play? You've got to be in it to win it afterall.

that's to say, freeware remakes, ---- knock yourselves out!

Btw, one notion I have had is a turrican remake in audio complete with the award winning music, ---- though i will admit that sinse Turrican remakes have been endorced by the games' creator, and indeed the original games are available under a "not for profit" type agreement if you have the emulator, this is a mildly different situation for that game at least.

Beware the grue!